Frequently asked questions


I’m looking for a woodworker for a contract?

Since each course must respond to specific goals in accordance with the framework plans of the Ministère de l’Éducation, the ÉÉAM does not accept contracts from individuals. However, you can send your request to Atelier MÉ (Montréal Ébénisterie). This is the ÉÉAM’s incubator workshop, a woodworking workshop managed by the school where, among other things, graduates and students carry out contracts. You can send your request to Atelier MÉ’s coordination.

I am looking for a woodworker for a job or an apprenticeship?

You can send a job (or apprenticeship) offers to Jessica Beauchemin, Project and Communications Officer, who will share it with ÉÉAM’s student, graduate and professional network. Interested persons will contact you directly.

Can I have access to your workshops and equipment?

Workshops are reserved at specific times for college students or continuing education participants. However, it is possible to access workshop rental or mentoring services with ÉÉAM’s incubator workshop, Atelier MÉ. For more information, visit Atelier MÉ website.

Do you accept furniture, wood or tools in donation?

We occasionally accept donated furniture if they present a teaching, historical or aesthetical interest. Send us your pictures!

General public courses

Who can register?
Anyone 18 years and over can register to courses marked for beginners. For intermediate courses, you must have completed Apprentice 1 or the equivalent. Equivalency can be evaluated by sending us a photo of something you have built, or by sending us a certificate for a course taken in another institution.

What do I do when my registration form has been filled?
You must pay your fees in order to complete your registration. About a week before to the beginning of the course, you will receive a confirmation email indicating general information on how to prepare for the course.

How to pay?
You can use one of the following two methods:

INTERAC E-TRANSFER: You can make your payment using your financial institution’s Interac e-Transfer service. You must transfer the funds to the following email address: Please note that no security questions are required (we use an automatic deposit system). If you still want to use a security question, please, whatever that question is, the answer will necessarily have to be BOIS (to simplify transaction management). In addition, you must mention in the NOTES section the COURSE(s) you are paying.

CASH : By taking an appointment, at 514-797-3408 or by mail at

Do I have to buy my own material?
Unless otherwise stated, all the materials required for your course are provided, according to the template presented.

Do I have to provide my own tools or protection equipment ?
We will lend you all the necessary tools and protection accessories you need (protective earmuffs, goggles and steel-toed shoe covers). You can bring your own protection accessories if you have them. For safety reasons, you must plan to dress in work clothing around machinery: tight-fitting clothes, long hair tied, no jewel. You must also not wear bandages or splints on arms and legs, in order to avoid accidents.

What should I do if I am late for class?
Oops… my class began… an hour ago! The teacher may not let you in if they have already explained how to use a machine or have given the safety guidelines and they deem such information is essential to the safe operation of these machines.

How can I cancel my registration?
In case you cannot attend a course, you must notify as soon as possible, by email or by phone at 514 797-3408.

Reimbursement policy in case of cancellation:
Cancellation of your registration must be made before the beginning of the class. If you wish to cancel your registration after class has begun, you must pay both following fees:
• Cost of classes already taken, and
• A penalty provided under the law, which corresponds to the lesser of the following: $50 or 10% of the course fee for the portion not taken.

college program

What are the general admission requirements for the technical college degree in Fine Woodworking?
The technical college degree in Fine Woodworking (DEC) is a three-year daytime program offered in collaboration with the cégep du Vieux Montréal. The École d’ébénisterie d’art de Montréal offers specialization courses (fine woodworking), while the general education courses are taken at cégep du Vieux Montréal. Students wanting to pursue bilingual studies are registered at the cégep du Vieux Montréal, but take their sponsored general education courses at Dawson College. Since this is a college level program, secondary school must have been completed to attend. This program only accepts new students at the fall session.

How to register?
On the SRAM website.

What are the admission periods?
Beginning of program is only at the fall session. There is no admission at the winter session. Applications can be submitted at the opening of the SRAM system in January, until March 1st, 23:59 for first round admission. Please consult the SRAM website for a more detailed application schedule.

Is it possible to obtain equivalencies for certain courses taken at the postsecondary level?
Once your application has been accepted, an academic advisor will evaluate the possibility to transfer credits for some courses, according to your academic record. Please note that no equivalency is possible for specialization course (beginning by 573).


What kind of expenses can be expected when pursuing this program?
Here is a table showing an approximation of expenses to expect per session. They are mostly tools and materials that you will keep.

What are the expenses for foreign students?
Students with a French passport: you benefit from the same conditions as Quebec students in terms of fees. To these are added the processing fees for you student visa. See Foreign Student Fees table for details.
Other passports: tuition fees can be from $12,000 to $18,000 per year.
See Foreign Student Fees table for details.